Single or two-panel saddle?

BrianGrossman

Administrator
Staff member
Just curious if you prefer a single or two-panel hunting saddle and why? I've used both the Tethrd Phanton and a Latitude Method 2, and I like both. Each has its pros and cons, so I'm still up in the air about whether I'm a single or two-panel kind of saddle hunter.

I first started with the xop kit. It was a good entry saddle. This past season the Lord allowed me to purchase a Cobra saddle and it has been a great saddle. I'm hoping to try a Dryad Retrofit Kit.

I have a buddy that uses the CGM Cobra and really likes it, too. I'm looking forward to testing some different models just to see which ones appeal to me and which don't.

I am currently stuck on this very dilemma. I have narrowed down to TX5 Lonestar 2.0 (single) or a Buzzard Roost (double).
I’m really struggling to make a decision between the two as both are highly recommended. It’s difficult without the ability to get your hands on the gear.

I am currently stuck on this very dilemma. I have narrowed down to TX5 Lonestar 2.0 (single) or a Buzzard Roost (double).
I’m really struggling to make a decision between the two as both are highly recommended. It’s difficult without the ability to get your hands on the gear.
Yeah, I've heard nothing but good things about both of those options. I like the comfort of a two-panel, but the simplicity of a single panel, so I'm not sure what my next saddle will be.

I purchased both and ended up selling the Buzzard Roost. For me it came down to simplicity. They’re both comfortable and had no problem with long sits. There is no fiddle factor with the Lonestar 2.0, just throw it on and you’re ready to go. Again, the Buzzard Roost is ultra comfortable but it came down to not having to mess with the two panels and I had the hardest time with the leg straps especially in the dark. I have heard that you can add cobra buckles to the leg straps now so that’s not a big deal anymore. You honestly can’t go wrong with either choice. I’ve thought about buying another Buzzard Roost just to have a back-up or for all day sits. Don’t sleep on Cruzr either, my first saddle was a Archon and my son still uses one. The Archon was just as comfortable to me as the Buzzard Roost just less adjustability. In the end I just realized I’m a single panel guy.

I purchased both and ended up selling the Buzzard Roost. For me it came down to simplicity. They’re both comfortable and had no problem with long sits. There is no fiddle factor with the Lonestar 2.0, just throw it on and you’re ready to go. Again, the Buzzard Roost is ultra comfortable but it came down to not having to mess with the two panels and I had the hardest time with the leg straps especially in the dark. I have heard that you can add cobra buckles to the leg straps now so that’s not a big deal anymore. You honestly can’t go wrong with either choice. I’ve thought about buying another Buzzard Roost just to have a back-up or for all day sits. Don’t sleep on Cruzr either, my first saddle was a Archon and my son still uses one. The Archon was just as comfortable to me as the Buzzard Roost just less adjustability. In the end I just realized I’m a single panel guy.
Great info Shawn! Thanks.

Back